Thursday, July 15, 2010

Idiots selling to bigger idiots and convincing even bigger idiots

You know the human race is supposed to be getting smarter, but sometimes I really do have my doubts.
Who was it that thought that selling fake online degrees was a good idea?
More importantly what kind of idiot thinks it's a good idea to buy them?
And even more importantly what kind of idiot is gullible enough to fall for them?
It's like a fast track way of sampling different careers in the most lazy-arse way possible. Imagine waking up in the morning and thinking to yourself, "You know what, I always fancied being a surgeon." One download later and apparently you are.
Are medical professionals really that stupid to fall for it? "I don't understand it - that's the twelth person this week that he's killed during surgery, and he's had all the easy surgeries: in-growing toenail, inflamed appendix... but so far he's amputated three heads, sliced open six lungs and carried out four lobotomies... it can't be his degree - The Univershitty of Never Never Land, yup that's all in order..."
Never fear next week why not try your hand at rocket science. Maybe NASA will hire you to direct the first mission to Mars, "Ok, left a bit, right a bit, ok perfect... right full speed ahead and - ooh that looked a bit nasty didn't it? Never mind, send up another shuttle I'm sure I'll direct them right next time."
Maybe a lawyer?
A teacher?
A politician?
An architect?
The world apparently is your oyster.
You have to wonder how many people have been fooled by these sham degrees so far. My guess would be approximately 265 million. George W. Bush - need I say more?
How else could someone with fewer brain cells than an apple core become leader of the most powerful country in the world? The guy can't even form a coherent sentence for crying out loud! Here are some of his real dynamite lines:
  • They misunderestimated me
  • Our enemies and innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking of new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we.
  • I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully
  • I know how hard it is for you to put food on your family
  • There's an old saying in Texas - I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee - that says fool me once, shame on - shame on you. Fool me - you can't get fooled again
  • I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe - I believe what I believe is right
  • Then you wake up at the high school and find out that the illiteracy level of our children are appalling
  • I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time thinking about myself, about why I do things
  • I want you to know. Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me
  • If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just as long as I'm the dictator

See? My case rests.

Right, I'm off to pilot a rocket to the Andromeda Star Constellation, whilst doing open heart surgery and delivering the prosecution for a murder trial.

1 comment:

  1. Seriously?????????????
    Andromeda Star Constellation????????

    Right, the war (tickling or non-tickling ones, you pick) is now on! ;-)

    xx

    ReplyDelete