Thursday, August 19, 2010

Random and slightly pointless thoughts: Dreamworld

Dreamworlds are weird things aren't they? You've got to wonder just what the hell is going on inside your head sometimes. I mean, where on earth do they come from? How do they become so fantastical and weird?... although maybe that's just my dreams... sometimes.

Take for instance a recurring dream I had used to have when I was a kid - I'd be stood in the hallway of the house I grew up in, then suddenly I'd lift up my legs and start swimming the breast stroke throughout the house, and if anyone saw me I'd explain it wasn't flying it was air swimming! And it was so vivid that I would wake up with the assumption that it was actually possible!

Another recurring dream, again from childhood - I'd be in a mountainous, rocky landscape tinged in blue, searching for treasure with Scooby-Doo and Shaggy whilst being pursued by Skeletor! That dream used to scare the crap out of me!

And what is with those falling dreams? - you can be walking along a wall and fall off or along a path and trip and you kick your leg out so violently you wake yourself up!

They dreams are formed from events that happened throughout the day. Ok so maybe that explains Skeletor and Scooby-Doo if I'd been watching them that day - but when during the course of the day did I fall off a wall?

Really dreams are just a bunch of random images thrown together, like ingredients in a bowl. Personally I don't and can't derive any meaning from any dream I've ever had because basically I doubt that whole industry of reading into dreams. Personally I think it sounds like a bit of a sham. If something's been on your mind all day then possibly you're more likely to dream about it, but it seems like a bit of a lazy way to make a living to me - reading into people's dreams - GET A REAL JOB!!

I'd say that dream predictors/readers/con-artists (whatever they want to call themselves) are definitely prime candidates for an all-time laziest jobs list.

1 comment:

  1. Actually I was looking for something along the lines of what would your dream world be like, for instance: Flying cars, automated everything, etc.

    But nevermind.

    Luv you xx

    ReplyDelete